Thursday, March 3, 2011

Burlesque

Burlesque - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

To escape boredom, I went to Greenhills to watch the new movie in town , titled Burlesque.  I was alone. I was ready with my popcorn and drinks.  I took my seat and bam! Was I in for a big surprise!

The movie Burlesque starring Cher and Christina Aguilera is such a feast on the eyes with its nonstop choreography and dazzling stage.  

From the moment the movie starts, you are riveted to your seats and hoping you are not missing anything on screen.  You will definitely NOT go on a bathroom break watching this movie.  I almost forgot I have popcorn on my left hand.

Cher is definitely not a has-been.  She looks amazingly good given that she is of the same age as my mom.  I cannot imagine my mom looking half as hot as Cher.   She played her role as a strict but caring owner of the bar to the hilt.  One can almost believe she is mean until she slowly unravels her sensitive and caring nature by giving chance to the newcomer played by Christina Aguilera.

Christina Aguilera is a revelation in this movie.  I never considered Christina Aguilera as pretty as Britney Spears.   But her youthful looks really shone in this movie.  She just looks so young and innocent and driven.

Burlesque is a type of dance that reminds us women of the bygone times when a woman enjoys her curves, revels in her vulnerability and finds strength in her sexuality.  In this note, this movie definitely delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment