Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cafe Juanita in Molito Alabang

Cafe Juanita is nothing new to the Filipinos.  They earned raves from their Pasig branch.  Their best-sellers like the double cooked adobo has been a staple order from loyal customers.

So it was a pleasant surprise to see Cafe Juanita along Molito near Alabang Town Center in Alabang.  Entering their restaurant, this branch instantly became my favorite Cafe Juanita branch.   Streaks of sunlight brightened up the beautiful potted plants around the place.  They were able to retain that bohemian look that is in every branch of Cafe Juanita.  I chose to sit beside a glass wall overlooking a small garden.  I haven't ordered but there was already a smile on my face.  Isn't it such a joy to be eating a meal in such a welcoming place?

Service is impeccable.  Waiters are smiling the whole time and are knowledgeable about the selections in the menu.   They even offered to charge my Iphone when I mentioned that my Iphone has no more battery.  

For this meal, I ordered Guinataang Gulay,  Crispy Pork Binangoonan , Buddha's Pillow and Bagoong Rice Thai Style.

I know I could have taken the photograph of each meal, but I apologize because I was too hungry to do that. So I quickly took a picture of everything and ate to my heart's delight.

I'm not a fan of pork so it is with great trepidation that I did.  I was hoping that the pork is fried enough for me to miss smelling the pork fat and the bagoong is good enough to make me swallow the thing.  Well.... to say that this meal is good is an understatement.  The Crispy Pork Binangoonan is fantastic.   They are truly Crispy! And the meat is tender and juicy.  The bagoong complements the pork very well.  I love this dish!

The guinataang gulay was a surprise as well.  I was expecting the usual vegetable fare.  But I was glad they paid attention to how the vegetables were cooked.  They were crunchy and fresh, obviously they were not overcooked as most chef tend to do.  You won't find it hard to let your children eat their vegetables with this meal.  

I intentionally ordered a light soup.  For me, the best way to gauge a chef's cooking skills is with the simplest meals.  So I ordered the Buddha's Pillow that has fried japanese tofu with cilantro and ginger for the broth.  The broth is very aromatic and full of flavor.  Such a great starter course for this meal.

For the rice, I ordered Bagoong Rice because I miss having the tangy taste of green mango in my rice.  This one is nothing out of the ordinary.  It was cooked well and I had a great time pairing it with the other dishes.

I had fresh mango juice as my beverage of choice that also serves as my dessert.   Sorry guys, I'm not much into dessert.  But I was glad to have a fresh mango juice at the table.  I'm not a fan of canned goods and powders.  I'd rather drink water if that's the case.

I didn't really plan to write another food blog.  I wanted to write about Cloud Computing but the beautiful memory of my lunch at Cafe Juanita has been occupying my mind the whole afternoon.  I like the food and the ambiance so much that I am seriously considering holding my birthday party in this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment