Thursday, August 11, 2011

Amanpulo: My Own Piece of Heaven

Just like any typical Filipino, I have my own share of visiting the various beach resorts our beautiful country has to offer.  

But nothing , and absolutely nothing truly beats the experience of being a guest of Amanpulo in Palawan.





Amanpulo has its own charter flights.  Remember the planes of Indiana Jones?  Well... it's something like that.  You would most likely fly with around 10 people and the rest are supplies to be flown to the island.  There is a lounge where you can wait for your plane and it boasts of a good supply of drinks and pica-pica and a very spacious and luxurious bathrooms, with a functional aircon and a relaxing music.

Upon embarking, you will all be warmly greeted by the staff of Amanpulo. And each family will have its own golf cart so you can be mobile while you stay in the island.   But the beauty of it is when you open your room for the first time.  Cold aircon will greet you with the fragrant smell of flowers and relaxing harp music surrounds the room.  By the way, they use BOSE products to play the harp music in your room.  And the bed is soooo BIG.  Since Im big, I really do appreciate a king-sized bed.  The bathroom is also so spacious, compared to the average bathroom in hotels, that my maid can place her bed inside the bathroom and she is still comfortable.  The bathroom has a bathtub and a table at the center to highlight the orchids elegantly displayed.  But what touched me was when they knew I was bringing my kids.  Kids are free of charge so I brought my 2 toddlers with me.  They prepared their arrival.  They put Graco cribs and playpen.  They put lots of coloring books and activity books on the table beside our bed.  There were even balloons for my kids in the bedroom.  And upon our doorstep, there is a stroller waiting for us. Such keen attention to guests who are there for free...  that truly touched me deep down in my heart.  So unexpected!


At the back of our casita are 2 daybeds and a duyan for anyone who wants to rest outside the airconditioned room and enjoy the fresh breeze from the sea,  Then walking for a few more steps, you are already on the beach.  The casitas are actually on the beach already , separated only by shrubs from the sea.  The beach is simply MAGNIFICENT!  Truly, nothing can compare it. Not even the famous Boracay.  The sand is so fine and so white.    And the water is so blue and clear.  Hardly can you see anyone in sight.   Which brings me to my next topic.

Yes, guys and gals, you can have sex on the beach.  You are allowed to have sex on the beach, on the shrubs , in the swimming pool, in the daybeds, under the stars.  The staff at Amanpulo are trained to look the "other way".   Did I ever try it?  Almost.  I started undressing my top , then my bikini, But my partner balked at the idea of being all naked in the very open beach, that he put his penis under the sand and never came out.   And I remember he kept shrieking "Someone might see us! Dress up! Oh no, I think I hear someone coming."  In the end, I gave up and we just played with the baby sharks located at the far end of the beach.  But well.. I didn't put back my top on.  It was just too liberating to be topless at a beach.   Just that my partner was in constant agony that I will be seen by a living person.  Who cares?

If you are lucky, the management of Amanpulo will hold a BBQ dinner buffet to be held at the beach.  This is reminiscent of my days in Hawaii. While the sun is setting , you are lulled by the sea breeze and the sweet music of guitar.  

The library was a haven by itself, especially to a bookworm like me.  They have a good collection of books, DVDs, newspapers and they have a computer with internet connection for anyone to use.

But what makes Amanpulo occupy a special place in my heart is that I have come to depend on it as my go-to place whenever I need some time alone.    When I was still single, our family never fails to go to Amanpulo at least once a year.  It was our time to get away from it all.  When we have personal problems, mom's answer to that is a trip to Amanpulo to give us time to ponder on our doubts and fears.   When I was pounding my head on the numerous formula I have to memorize in preparation for my CFA licensure exams, mom brought me to Amanpulo so I can really concentrate on studying.  And when my sister was about to get married, mom also escaped in Amanpulo to accept that my sister is going to live away from us.  Fact is, my second child learned to first walk in Amanpulo!

Now, it's been 4 years since I stepped on the fine sands of Amanpulo.   I miss that place! I checked out their prices today expecting a lower rate due to the rainy months. They quoted me P 34,990 per night.  Minimum of 2 nights. And if I remember it right, the charter plane is $275 per person.

Ohhhh, Im so tempted.




No comments:

Post a Comment