Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wish List of a Flood Victim

I am standing guard for the continuing flood that persists in our area.  The sky is so dark and I can hear the thunder outside my room.   The very dirty flood water continues to rise inside my home.  As I write this, I have 3 feet left before I do something drastic to save the people in my house.

At this point, I cannot do anything but look at the sky and will it to turn the weather in my favor.  As a parody of my situation, I am writing a wish list of a typical flood victim.


1.  Motorized Rubber boat



















2.  Life Vest

3.  Radio-LED Flashlight  with cellphone chargers (Kaito Black Voyager )


Along with receiving on AM/FM, shortwave, and weather bands, the Kaito Black Voyager solar/handcrank radio features three lights -- an LED Flashlight, a 5-LED reading lamp, and a flashing SOS emergency light. This handcrank radio also functions as a charging station for your cell phones and MP3 players using a USB charge-out jack. The Kaito Black Voyager features four power sources: (1) a built-in handcrank charging system, (2) adjustable solar panel that collects energy from the sun or natural light, or (3) 2 'AA' batteries, (4) AC adapter (not included)

  • 30 seconds cranking for about 15 minutes radio play
  • Included 6 cell phone tips to charge most popular models
  • Built-in speaker and headphone jack including headphones
  • Built-in rubberized carry strap
  • Water resistant rubberized body


  • 4.  Water Filter/ Purifier

    Made of heavy-duty materials, the Pocket features a silver-impregnated ceramic element that's effective against bacteria and protozoa even in extreme conditions. Unlike disposable filters, the ceramic element can be cleaned several times, even in the field. More importantly, the element filters all microorganisms larger than 0.2 microns (0.0002mm), producing clear, drinkable water no matter where in the world you are. The pump also includes an improved, round pump handle for better ergonomics and an outlet hose that attaches to water containers with a single clip.






    5.  First Aid Kit
    6.  Emergency Candle and Waterproof Matchsticks

    7.  Sleeping Bag and Wool Blankets
    8.  Travellers' Cooker
    Sanyo 

    9.  Food and Water




    2 comments:

    1. i bumped on this site/blog and like it.
      you write well and I enjoyed reading some of your blogs.
      have a good wknd, kind regards, Robert

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Robert. My topics are quite diverse and cater to different kinds of audience. But people are rarely two-dimensional anyway. I'm glad you enjoyed some of it.

      ReplyDelete