Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hermanos Taco Shop: A Hole-in-the-Wall Mexican Eatery

You thought you've seen it all eating the burritos of Ristras.   You partied away at Chihuahua till the wee hours of the night.  But the one that truly offers honest-to-goodness mexican food is this most unassuming place in Granada Street, occupying the humble small space beside Petron Gas Station: Hermanos Taco Shop.

Rolled Tacos (beef, chicken or combo)
I always pass by Granada Street to watch movie in Promenade or to dine at one of the restaurants along Connecticut.  I saw the signage of Hermanos Taco Shop, but I never really took it seriously.  They seemed to commissioned a grade 8 student to do the signage.  There is no ambiance to speak of.  The chairs and tables cannot be more ordinary.  And cmon, it is situated beside the gas station.  How can any food-lover take this eatery seriously?

Cheese Quesadillas





So everyday that I see this taco shop, it didn't give me any pause until a friend mentioned it to me.  "You must be pulling my leg!", I replied.  But after our conversation, I googled it and a number of bloggers have been taking notice of this mexican restaurant.  They hailed it as the most authentic mexican restaurant in Metro Manila.  I didn't waste any more time and visited this hole-in-the-wall taco shop.

I ordered their best-seller rolled taco (combo, beef or chicken).  It is served with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.  It is cooked to the crisp and you wouldn't feel scrimp on the filling.  Dip it in their own salsa, and everything is just perfect.

House Horchata
For beverage, I would urge you to order their very own House Horchata.   It is a drink of rice, cinnamon and sugar.  And before you count your carbo intake on this drink, give your diet a break.  I did.  And I don't regret doing so. There are times when you need to let go of rules to experience life.   Im not a fan of cinnamon either, but have an open mind and take a sip of this refreshing drink.





5 comments:

  1. The photo of the Cheese Quesadillas is mouth-watering.. now am hungry prior to my Sunday morning run :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be ruining the Sunday mornings of my readers. Hahahaha! I didn't write anything about the Cheese Quesadillas because I didn't get to eat it. Not really a fan of cheese. But I saw my kid eating it and I have to say, it was oozing with cheese in every bite she took.

      Try it. But I have to warn you it doesn't come cheap (although the place looks cheap).

      I might also visit it again today. Can't get enough of it. There goes my so-called diet. (wink!)

      Delete
  2. Good thing you're writing more often lately as it simply means that I have something sensible to read more often.. do keep it up ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Writing is actually my way of dealing with my emotions. I have a hard time expressing myself verbally. Plus, I have lots of thoughts all the time. It's just a matter of picking it up and writing it down. I'm glad you enjoy them.

      I wish I can write more travel blogs. But I cannot travel all the time. And those travels I did on the past, I still need to collect my thoughts of it coz its bits and pieces. Sayang, it would have been nice to write about my trip to Russia, or my Alpine Adventure. If I can remember things sufficiently, maybe I can try to write them down and see if it's worthy to be blogged about.

      Delete
  3. no pressure, am not complaining bout the variety naman.. Good thing I also love food and movie reviews as well as life stories that you happen to write too.

    ReplyDelete